To help you make the best use of your practice banjo time, I want to make a short list of some priorities that I recommend keeping in mind while practicing:
* Practice what you can’t play.
* Practice building your playing ability so you can play what you want.
* Memorize what you are learning and stop looking at the tab. That should be first on the list when learning a song.
* Make goals and lesson plans.
* Isolate the parts of songs or lessons that give you trouble and work them out.
* Devote as much time as you can to increasing your overall ability and knowledge.
* Play in time!